High School Equivalency - HiSET and GED
Welcome to North Georgia Technical College’s Georgia High School Equivalency (HSE) program, where you can find everything you need to know about choosing a high school equivalency pathway, taking your tests or enrolling in classes, and earning your high school equivalency credential. North Georgia Technical College (NGTC) now offers multiple options for achieving your high school equivalency. Two computer-based testing (CBT) pathways are available through testing centers or proctored at home: the GED® test or the HiSET® exam.
- Preparation classes for GaHSE options are free. Contact your local Adult Education Center for information about courses.
- Scholarships are available to assist with GED® Test fees and HiSET® Exam fees. See your local adult education center for more information.
- Comparison of the GED® Test and HiSET® Exam.
Due to public health concerns, the GED test and HiSET exam can both be taken at home in a proctored environment. The GED test option is called the Online Proctored GED and the HiSET option is called HiSET at Home. These options require a computer, camera, speakers, and Internet connectivity for the individual delivery of the test at home or in another secure location.
- TCSG COVID-19 Parent Consent – Students ages 16 and 17 are considered under-age and may need the consent of a parent or guardian to test. Please check your testing confirmation email for requirements.
- TCSG COVID-19 Student Waiver – All test-takers 18 years and over may be asked to sign a waiver document. Please check your testing confirmation email for requirements.
- TCSG COVID-19 Student Waiver (En Español) – Waiver in Spanish for all test-takers 18 years and over. Please check your testing confirmation email for requirements.