Learning to Drive
Learning to drive can be overwhelming! With classes at all three of our campuses in Clarkesville, Currahee and Blairsville, you can fulfill the Joshua’s Law requirements and be better prepared to get your Driver’s license.
About the Program
We offer classes at all three of our campuses in Blairsville, Clarkesville, and Currahee. Our upcoming classes are listed below. Course fee is $350* and includes the 30 hours of classroom instruction as well as 6 hours of drive time with an instructor.
Please read the following information before registering for your preferred class.
- Student must attend four scheduled in-class sessions to total 30 hours.
- Student must complete a total of 6 hours of in-car training. Prior driving experience is required in order for the student to receive the maximum benefit from the sessions
- In-Class training will meet from 8:00 am-4:30 pm with breaks and a 30-minute lunch.
- Space is limited for sessions, and classes will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis
- A Valid Learners Permit is required to participate; no exceptions.
- Registration is due no later than 5 business days prior to class start date.
*fee is payable by check, cash, card or scholarship voucher
About the Grant Scholarship
The Georgia Driver's Education Commission offers the Georgia Driver's Education Grant Scholarship Program to offer driver's education to Georgia students. The grant scholarship program is open to Georgia residents ages fifteen through seventeen who wish to satisfy the Joshua's Law driver's education requirement by completed thirty hours of classroom instruction and six hours of behind the wheel driving instruction with an approved instructor.
Step 1: Apply for the Grant Scholarship here.
Step 2: Wait until you receive a redemption code via email before registering for a course.
Ready to Register?
Ready to register? Great! We can't wait to have you! Click the button to get the forms to complete your registration. The complete packet and payment must be received no later than one week prior to the class start date.
2020 Class Schedule
4 Days (30 hours) of Classroom Instruction: 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
6-Hours Behind the Wheel Instruction: Times will be scheduled individually
|Currahee||March 14, 15, 21, 22||February 29, 2020||March 9, 2020|
|Clarkesville||April 18, 19, 25, 26||March 31, 2020||April 13, 2020|
|Blairsville||April 25, 26, May 2, 3||March 31, 2020||April 20, 2020|