Gifts to the Foundation
The North Georgia Technical College Foundation gratefully accepts gifts of support from alumni, businesses and friends of the college. Each gift does its part to make a significant impact in the lives of our students and enhances the overall well-being of the college. As a 501(c)(3) entity, gifts to the North Georgia Technical College Foundation are tax deductible and are classified into two broad categories: Present Giving and Planned Giving. For a present gift, the donor makes an outright gift with an immediate transfer of assets to the college. For a planned gift, the donor gives a future interest in property, with actual transfer of the property deferred to some future time.
Traditional Gifts - Cash, Check or Credit Card: A gift of cash, personal check or credit card is by far the most popular way to give. You should receive a full tax benefit if you itemize deductions. Checks should be made payable to NGTC Foundation and sent to P.O. Box 65, Clarkesville, GA 30523. Be sure to indicate how you wish your gift to be used.
Online Gifts: Online donations are a safe and secure way to easily make your contribution. Click the "Donate" button above to give to the Foundation.
- Bequests: You can easily include NGTC in your will. Bequests, large and small, can provide substantial support for NGTC’s programs.
- Stock, Bonds, Real Estate or Life Insurance: Gifts made in the form of appreciated stock, bonds, real estate or life insurance may carry tax benefits for you by minimizing your capital gains and other taxes while helping students gain an education.
Pledge: A pledge may be made for the Scholarship Fund or for any special projects. Most pledges are paid over a three-year period. Pledge reminders are generally sent at the end of each calendar year or upon request.
Matching Gifts: Many employers agree to match or multiply donations made by active or retired employees and, in some cases, employees' spouses. Specific information about matching-gift programs can be obtained by contacting your organization's personnel or human resources office.
Alumni Gifts: 10-4-10 Campaign – Alumni are invited to make a contribution of $10 per year for 10 years.
Establish A Scholarship
- You may name the scholarship for a special person, business or organization.
- You may specify preference on characteristics the candidate should possess such as a welding student or a student studying horticulture from Stephens County.
- Scholarship awards are made on the basis of demonstrated financial need.
- Scholarships may be renewed each semester assuming the student is making satisfactory progress toward graduation.
- The minimum amount to establish an endowed scholarship is $10,000. Once the fund corpus of $10,000 is funded, it is invested for one full year, and the scholarship will be awarded at that time. Scholarships are awarded from the interest earned by the fund corpus. Remaining income will be reinvested in the fund. Never will the fund corpus be invaded.