SAVE THE DATE! The 2020 Annual Meeting is Scheduled for June 7, 2020.
2019 Alumni Award recipients included:
Hall of Fame Award (recognizes an NGTC student who graduated at least 20 years prior to nomination and distinguished themselves in their professional life):
Jimmy Hill: (Welding, 1972; Drafting, 1976) "Jimmy’s education at NGTC directly impacted his career path; he taught numerous classes at both the high school and college level for 28 years. Jimmy was an amazing instructor and an inspiration to everyone! He always had a smile on his face and was everybody’s friend.”
Keith Moody: (Drafting, 1996) “NGTC provided me with the means to support my family. I continue to learn as much as I can and have been blessed with promotions during my career. I can use my skills not only in the workplace,but also in the community.”
Career Achievement Award (recognizes graduates who work in the field in which they studied and have distinguished themselves in that field):
Dusty Bolmon: (Marine Engine Technology, 2006; Welding, 2007; AAS, 2015) “I know that I will always be able to find work and provide for my family. NGTC taught me to be professional in whatever I may be doing.”
Derrick Hogan: (Machine Tool/CNC, 1995; AAS, 2010) “At NGTC, I learned to be independent and think for myself, to be patient and persistent and that math is important, fun and has a purpose.”
James McFarlin: (Machine Tool, 2001) “NGTC totally changed my life! It gave me the knowledge, skills and confidence to unlock new opportunities that led me to an unimaginable future.”
Young Alumni Award (presented to individuals who have graduated within the last five years who have made outstanding contributions in his/her profession and/or community service):
Ja’Quon Chamblee: (Criminal Justice AAS, 2014) “The skills and education I received from NGTC and encouragement from staff and teachers is why I am successful today. I am who I am because of NGTC.”
Clayton Smith: (Automotive Technology, 2014; AAS, 2019) “If it were not for the education and contacts I made in school, I would not be where I am today. I enjoy passing on my knowledge to my students. It is one of my greatest honors.”
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF THESE OUTSTANDING ALUMNI!
The 2020 Alumni Meeting and Awards Program is scheduled for June 7, 2020.
If you know of an outstanding NGT Alumni who deserves to be recognized for her/his contributions in the workplace, in the community or at NGTC, please consider submitting a nomination form. Nominees must meet the criteria shown below. Nomination forms may be requested by emailing email@example.com.
Hall of Fame Award:
1. If an alumnus/alumna, the candidate must have graduated from NGTC at least 20 years prior to nomination.
2. The candidate must have distinguished himself/herself in his/her professional life.
3. There should be evidence that nominee would appreciate the award.
4. Current NGTC employees are not eligible for consideration.
1. Nominee must be a graduate of North Georgia Tech.
2. Nominee must be working in the field in which he/she studied at NGTC and must have distinguished himself/herself in his/her career. (i.e., been named the company’s Employee of the Year, been promoted into middle or upper management position, established a successful business and/or been recognized by professional peers, etc.)
3. Nominee must be respected by fellow employees and by citizens of their community.
Young Alumni Award:
1. Candidate must have graduated from North Georgia Technical College five or less years ago.
2. Candidate must have made outstanding contributions in his/her profession and/or community service.
Bridge Builder Award:
1. Nominee must have been involved with NGTC for a minimum of ten years and served on an NGTC board, advisory committee or as a donor.
2. Candidate must have distinguished himself/herself in his/her professional life.