Scholarships, administered through a partnership between North Georgia Technical College and the NGTC Foundation, are awarded throughout the academic year. Applications are available online and in the Institutional Advancement Office. Applications must be submitted to the Advancement Office by the published deadline each semester. Students will be required to meet eligibility requirements and selection criteria as established by each individual scholarship. The Foundation Scholarship Committee will determine eligibility and will award scholarships based on the availability of funds. Completion of the application does not guarantee a scholarship award. Foundation scholarships are funded by gifts made to the NGTC Foundation from individual donors and private businesses. For this reason, funds may not always be available for scholarships from the Foundation.
Scholarships Awarded Each Semester
Open to any NGTC student with a demonstrated financial need.
- General Foundation Scholarships
- George Elrod Scholarship
- Lake and Effie Copeland Scholarship
- Lenora M. Sarling Perpetual Scholarship
- Lenos and Sue Nichols Scholarship
Awarded to students who meet certain requirements as stated in the scholarship description.
- 1st Franklin Financial - student enrolled in a business program
- A&M Perpetual Scholarship - dorm resident student
- Chris McCurry Welding Scholarship - Banks County residents enrolled in NGTC's welding program receive priority
- Dillon Engineering Scholarship - student enrolled in the engineering program
- William C. Clary, Jr., Perpetual Scholarship - resident of Stephens County
- J.C. and Belva Harris Memorial Scholarship - resident of Franklin County
- Down to Earth Garden Club Horticulture Scholarship - resident of Stephens County enrolled in NGTC's Horticulture Program
- Missions Committee Sharp Memorial United Methodist Church Scholarship - resident of Towns County
- Telford Family Foundation Scholarship - resident of Franklin, Hart, or Stephens County attending classes on the Currahee Campus
- Veterans Scholarship - honorably discharged US veterans with a demonstrated financial need
Annual Scholarships for Currently Enrolled Students
Open to tudents enrolled at NGTC meeting the required criteria and having a demonstrated financial need.
- Marilyn McNeely Scholarship - awarded annually at the beginning of Spring Semester; open to students enrolled in a diploma or degree program who have a demonstrated financial need
- Kyle Glenn Holcombe Memorial Scholarship - awarded at the beginning of Fall Semester, this financial need based scholarship is open to any student accepted for admission to NGTC's Electrical Lineworker Program
- Martha Clarke Campbell Memorial Nursing Scholarship - awarded each Spring Semester, this scholarship gives preference to Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA's) who continue their education at NGTC. Any student who has been admitted into one of the Allied Health fields may also be considered.
Scholarships for High School Seniors
- President's Scholarship - awarded each year in the spring to one graduate at each high school and Mountain Education Center in NGTC's eight county service area. Applications are available from counselors at the high schools and Mountain Ed Centers.
Applicants should read all instructions carefully before completing the application. Applications submitted without all required information and/or attachments are considered incomplete and will not be considered for scholarship award. Applications may be printed from the links below.
Applications should be submitted to the Institutional Advancement Office by the published deadline. The Advancement Office is located in the Mobley Administration Building on the Clarkesville Campus. Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:NGTC Foundation
P.O. Box 65
Clarkesville, GA 30523
The deadline for Spring Semester Tuition and Fees scholarship applications was December1, 2015. We are no longer accepting applications for tuition and fees assistance for Spring Semester. The deadline to submit applications for tuition and fees scholarship assistance for Summer semester is April 28, 2016.
Spring Semester Lending Library applications will be accepted beginning January 8, 2016. To ensure that the correct materials are provided, students must attend classes prior to applying for assistance with books. A schedule bill from the cashier’s office and a BannerWeb class schedule and list of books needed must be attached to the application form.
Questions? Contact Cynthia Brown at email@example.com or 706-754-7714.