Credentials You Can Earn
Practical Nursing has a Competitive Admission Process. The Competitive Process consists of:
- Completed PN Intent Form submitted by the deadline.
- Unconditional acceptance to North Georgia Technical College and enrolled in the Healthcare Assistant certificate program. Students must be placed in the Healthcare Assistant Certificate program by March 1st to be eligible for consideration of the following Fall term cohort.
- Once the student is selected for the PN cohort, students will be placed, by the Admissions Office, in the Practical Nursing program.
- Completion of required core courses.
- The required core courses are outlined in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document found on this page.
- Completion of the HESI (Health Education Systems, Inc.) Assessment Exam (A2). Must be taken by June 20.
PN HESI Exam Information for Spring Semester
PN HESI test dates and sites are listed in "Available Courses" under Continuing Education.
Register online https://northgatech.edu/pages/coned/courses.aspx
- Exams cost $65
- All exams will start at 1:00 PM and finish at 5:00 PM
Students in all Allied Health Programs are required by the clinical facilities to undergo a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
For more information, download these documents:
- Practical Nursing Information Sessions
- Practical Nursing Application Process
- Practical Nursing FAQs
- Blairsville - Practical Nursing Intent Form
- Currahee - Practical Nursing Intent Form
*Any individual making an application to the State Board who has a felony must explain and document each occurrence at the time of application to the Board of Examiners and will only be allowed to take the NCLEX-PN at the discretion of the Georgia Board of Examiners for Licensed Practical Nurses.
Practical Nursing Diploma
The Practical Nursing diploma program is designed to prepare students to write the NCLEX-PN for licensure as practical nurses. The program prepares graduates to give competent nursing care. This is done through a selected number of academic and occupational courses providing a variety of techniques and materials necessary to assist the student in acquiring the needed knowledge and skills to give competent care. A variety of clinical experiences is planned so that theory and practice are integrated under the guidance of the clinical instructor. Program graduates receive a practical nursing diploma and have the qualifications of an entry-level practical nurse.
Graduates of NGTC’s Practical Nursing program may obtain positions as Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), in various settings such as acute care, long-term care, and medical offices
Meet the Faculty
Program Director and Instructor
PN Instructor, Blairsville
PN Instructor, Currahee
Health Care Science Specialist