High School Student (Dual Enrolled)
Students in grades 9-12 attending a public, private, or home studies program in Georgia may take college classes while still in high school. Most students earn college and high school credit for courses taken at NGTC. These classes help fulfill graduation requirements at the student’s high school or home studies program.
Dual Credit (college and high school credits)
- Dual Enrollment –The Dual Enrollment program replaces prior dual credit programs in Georgia. Students receive college and high school credit for either academic core or technical classes. Full-time and part-time schedules are allowed. Students may take classes during the Fall, Spring, and Summer Semesters. The Dual Enrollment program covers tuition, mandatory fees, and books.
- High School Postsecondary Graduation Opportunity-Students who complete 10th grade with the required courses (two English, Math, Science, Social Studies; one Health and PE and required tests) may enroll full-time at NGTC while completing an Associate Degree, Technical Diploma or two Technical Certificate programs in a career pathway. Once the program is complete, students may graduate with a high school diploma and a college credential.
- Joint enrollment – Students receive college credit only for technical OR academic courses taken at NGTC. Classes are NOT used for high school credit.
If you have additional questions after reviewing the page information visit FAQs.
Complete Your Application
- Download the Application For Admission / Readmission Form for Dual Credit Students (PDF)
- Return completed, signed application to one of the NGTC High School Coordinators (Do not pay the application fee).
- Submit an official high school or GED transcript and official transcripts from all colleges previously attended.
- Take a placement test or submit valid test scores from a previous test (SAT, ACT, ACCUPLACER, COMPASS, or ASSET).
Provide Current High School Transcript
Submit official, sealed high school transcripts or official GED scores. Please note that opened transcripts are not considered official and therefore are invalid.
If you have attended secondary or post-secodary schools outside the United States, you must have those transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved outside organization. NGTC accepts transcripts evaluated by
Home School Students
Submit a Declaration of Intent to Utilize a Home Study Program: This letter verifies your home school attendance paperwork is up-to-date.
Submit ACCUPLACER Placement Test Scores to the Admissions Office
WHAT is the ACCUPLACER Placement Test?
North Georgia Technical College uses ACCUPLACER placement tests to identify academic skills and needs. These tests include sections on reading comprehension, writing skills, and basic math. Elementary Algebra is required for some programs. ACCUPLACER placement tests are taken on a computer; they are un-timed and testers may use the calculator provided by North Georgia Technical College or the calculator that is on the computer available to ACCUPLACER testers.
Nervous about taking the ACCUPLACER Placement Exam? We have Resources!
Apply for Financial Aid
- Go to www.gafutures.org
- Select the HOPE & State Aid Programs tab near the top of the page
- Select State Scholarship and Grants
- Select Dual Enrollment when the box appears
- Select Application Procedure and Deadline on the left side of the page
- Complete the appropriate Dual Enrollment application
- The Dual Enrollment Funding online application (Required for Public and Private High School Students)
- The Dual Enrollment Funding paper application (Required for Home School Students and those student without a SSN)
Submit the required items to the Admissions Office at the campus where you wish to attend classes:
Clarkesville or Currahee Campus
Attn: Admissions Office
P.O. Box 65
Clarkesville, GA 30523
Phone: (706) 754-7700
Fax: (706) 754-7777
Attn: Admissions Office
121 Meeks Avenue
Blairsville, GA 30512
Phone: (706) 439-6300
Fax: (706) 439-6301
I'm Finished! What's Next?
Once you have completed these steps and submitted all required documents, you will receive an acceptance letter in the mail. You can check the progress of your application on BannerWeb .