Once transfer credit has been awarded it may be viewed on your Unofficial Transcript in BannerWeb.
- Log in to BannerWeb
- Student Services & Financial Aid → Student Records → Unofficial Transcript →Select All Levels and Student Transcript Unofficial from the dropdown menu; click Submit.
- Scroll to the bottom of the transcript to see transfer credit awarded.
- Official transcripts are required from all postsecondary institutions verifying a minimum grade of “C” in all courses for which the student is seeking transfer credit to his/her program of study.
- Programs with competitive admissions may require a specific grade in defined courses.
- Credit is awarded only in areas offered within the current curriculum of North Georgia Technical College.
- A course accepted for credit has essentially the same content and is taught at a comparable or higher level as the course at North Georgia Technical College.
- Transfer credit is not awarded for learning support courses.
- All transferred courses must have the equivalent or higher number of credit hours.
- All transferred courses will be transferred in at the highest level regardless of the level of the student’s chosen course of study.
- There are time limits on validity of some coursework. (See below.)
- The Registrar is responsible for final transfer credit approval.
- The Office of the Registrar will normally award transfer credit for coursework taken at regionally accredited institutions, provided the above conditions are met and the student’s previous institution is in good standing with its accrediting body.
Transfer Credit From Non-Regionally Accredited Institutions
For coursework meeting the above conditions but taken at non-regionally accredited institutions, the student should complete the Transfer Credit Request form on the North Georgia Technical College website or in the Registrar’s Office.
- Download the Transfer Credit Request from Non-Regionally Accredited Institution Form
- Submit the completed form to the Registrar’s Office by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (706) 754-7777
- Mail: NGTC Registrar’s Office, PO Box 65, Clarkesville, GA 30523
- In Person: Deliver to the front desk of any NGTC campus
- The Office of the Registrar and the Academic Affairs division determine on a case-by-case basis the transferability of courses based on the course curriculum standards and the qualifications of the faculty members who taught those courses. In cases where course equivalency is questioned, credit must be validated by examination.
- If a course cannot be evaluated on course prefix and title, students have the right to submit to the North Georgia Technical College Registrar course descriptions from the transferring institution’s college catalog from the year the course was taken.
- A student who presents credit for evaluation and transfer must be aware that the awarding of credit by North Georgia Technical College does not guarantee that institutions subsequently attended by the student will also accept those credits.
- The applicant may be awarded credit for courses previously earned within the institution as applicable.
- North Georgia Technical College reserves the right to rescind previously awarded transfer and exemption credit as warranted.
Time Limits on Transferability of Courses are as Follows:
- 4 years – all ACCT, ALHS BUSN,CIST CLBT, COMP, NAST, EMPS, HECT, MAST, PNSG, and PHAR courses.
- 10 years – BIOL courses and all occupational courses not listed above. However, if course content and competencies have changed significantly within the 10-year period, faculty may request that students validate skills or repeat a course.
- No expiration – all general education/basic skills courses (ARTS, CHEM, ECON, EMPL, ENGL, HIST, MATH, MUSC, PHYS, PSYC, SOCI, SPCH); and courses used to satisfy elective credit requirements.