North Georgia Technical College offers a number of online courses to its students. Online courses provide students with course content and instruction while allowing students to overcome the barriers of time and geography.
Options for Online Learning:
- Online: Online courses can be accessed at any time using devices with internet connectivity. Some online courses may require students to come to a NGTC campus to complete one or more proctored exams as directed by the instructor. Keep in mind, students who take online courses need strong study skills, time management skills, reading comprehension skills, and Internet access to be successful. Online students interact with the instructor and other students by using Blackboard, NGTC’s online learning environment. Students must demonstrate readiness before registering for an online class. Click the link to take the Online Readiness Survey
- Hybrid: As the name suggests, hybrid courses are taught partially online and partially in the classroom of the designated campus.
- Web-Enhanced: Traditional classroom courses that also require use of the Internet are called web-enhanced. Students may use the Internet to interact with one another and the instructor, conduct research, complete/submit assignments, and/or to take exams.
Access to an online course will be available on the first scheduled day of class and students must log in to Blackboard and access all online courses on the first day. Though online courses may be accessed any time, students are still required to check in on a regular basis. The course syllabus will contain detailed information about attendance requirements and a timeline of assignments for that class.
How to Login to Blackboard: (Watch this tutorial for logging into Blackboard)
- www.northgatech.edu >> Current Students >> Quick Links >> Blackboard(Online/Hybrid)
- Student Login = 38_91XXXXXXX (where 91XXXXXXX is your student ID number), the initial password is also 38_91XXXXXXX
- Users will be prompted to create a new, permanent password for Blackboard
- New to Blackboard? Choose Blackboard Help for Students under TOOLS section on the Blackboard login page