Welcome to North Georgia Technical College!
New Student Orientation
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the admissions process and are ready to take the next important step on the path to making your career dreams a reality.
We at NGTC understand the important role that learning about the college plays in helping you get off to a good start and making the transition into your first year of college easier. Consequently, we have assembled the information you need to be successful into our online orientation program.
Spring Semester 2015
New Student Advisement/Registration Day
- Thursday, November 13, 2014
- Monday, December 15, 2014
Tuition Payment Deadline – Pay Now
- Wednesday, January 7, 2015
First Day of Class (Semester/MMA Begins)
- Wednesday, January 7, 2015
Last Day to Withdraw for Refund of Tuition
- Monday, January 12, 2015
Establish Your BannerWeb Account
Registration for classes at NGTC is accomplished through a web-based program called BannerWeb.
Please refer to our BannerWeb FAQ if you need assitance with setting up your BannerWeb Account.
You will avoid long lines and get to your advisor more quickly on registration day if you complete orientation before you come to campus on New Student Advisement/Registration Day.
You will need: Your student identification number (located on the top left corner of your acceptance letter)
- Support Services Survey - The Support Services Survey helps NGTC be prepared for your arrival and identifies any special help you may need.
- Orientation - Completing this Orientation process will familiarize you with important college policies, expectations, and many of the services and programs available.
- Assessment - The assessment measures your level of understanding of NGTC and its processes. A score of 80% or higher is required.
(Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States)
Effective January 1, 2012, all students applying for in-state tuition must provide validation of lawful presence in the United States. The following documents will serve as proof of lawful presence in the United States and documentation will be required before you are eligible for consideration of in-state tuition:
- A current Driver's License issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
- A current ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
- A current Driver’s License or ID issued by a state that verifies immigration status and only issues to persons lawfully present in the United States. The Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) will accept the following:
- Alabama: Issued after August 1, 2000
- Florida: Issued after January 1, 2010 AND have a gold star in the upper right hand corner.
- South Carolina: Issued after November 1, 2008
- Tennessee: Issued after May 29, 2004.
- A certified U.S. Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the U.S. or a U.S. territory. A photocopy is not acceptable.
- An approved completed FAFSA for the current financial aid year.
- A current, valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form 1-151 or 1-551).
- A current, valid military identification card for active duty soldiers or veterans.
- A U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (DS-1350) or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240).
- A current U.S. Passport.
- A U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561).
- A U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570).
Any student who cannot be verified as lawfully present in the United States is not eligible to be considered for in-state tuition, regardless of how long he or she has lived in Georgia. In addition to being lawfully present in the United States, students must meet the in-state tuition requirements as outlined in TCSG Board Policy and Procedure V.B.3 to warrant an in-state classification. Students that are initially classified as out-of-state and successfully petition to have their residency changed to in-state also have to meet the verification requirement.
Need Help?If you are unable to complete the orientation online on your own, we offer on-campus assistance on New Student Advisement/ Registration Day. Please check in with the Student Affairs Office at the campus of your choice for directions to one of our computer labs.
Pathway to Start College
Congratulations! If you've received your acceptance letter in the mail, you are ready to begin your orientation process. Watch the video and learn what you need to do before starting class.