BannerWeb FAQ

Banner Web gives you access to your personal and academic information via the Internet. Through BannerWeb, you have the ability to view grades, transcripts, schedules, holds, account balances, financial aid information and much more.

Launch BannerWeb


If you need further assistance: 

When do I get my BannerWeb account?

You will have access to BannerWeb after you have received your decision/acceptance letter.

How do I login to BannerWeb?

To login to BannerWeb:

  1. Go to BannerWeb SSO
  2. Your Username is the first portion of your email address before the @ sign. For example: If your email address is then your Username will be jsmith2 
  3. Your Password is your email password.

What do I do if I forgot my PIN?

If you forget your PIN:

  1. Click "Forgot PIN?"
  2. Answer your personal security question.
  3. Reset your PIN.

What do I do if I get a message indicating that my BannerWeb PIN is invalid?

E-mail from your NGTC Email account.

What do I do if I get locked out of BannerWeb?

For security purposes, BannerWeb locks you out after 3 incorrect log in attempts.

If you are locked out, contact technical support at: from your NGTC student e-mail account. Include your Student ID number and full name in the e-mail.

What do I do if I forgot who my advisor is?

Your advisor’s name and contact information is included in your Admissions Decision Letter.

You can also look up your advisor’s name in BannerWeb SSO: Click: Student Records> View Student Information> Select current semester> Primary Advisor

What if I forget or lose my Registration Access Code?

Only your Advisor can provide the Registration Access Code. Contact him or her for assistance.

What If I do not know the Course Registration Number (CRN) of a class I’m trying to register for?

Click Class Search at the bottom of the screen > Check the box to the left of the correct CRN > Register.

How do I register for a course that has a lecture and a lab?

When registering for a course that has a lecture and a lab (for example, BIOL 2113 and BIOL 2113L)

  1. Enter both CRNs in the Add Classes Worksheet
  2. Click Submit.

What should I do if I think someone knows my PIN?

It is your responsibility not to divulge your PIN to other individuals. However, if you suspect someone has obtained your PIN without your knowledge or consent, change your PIN immediately and report it to:

How do I drop a class?

Students may drop classes in BannerWeb until the end of the drop/add period each semester.  The third class day of each semester is the last day to drop for a full refund of tuition and fees.  Students may also drop on the fourth class day of each semester, but tuition and fees will not be refunded for drops made on this day.  See your academic and financial aid counselor prior to dropping classes to determine how it will affect your progress toward graduation and your financial aid award.

  1. Select: Student Services>  Registration>  Add/Drop Classes
  2. From the dropdown Action menu, choose: Drop-Banner Web> Submit Changes.
  3. When your schedule is correct, click Exit at the top right of the screen.

How do I withdraw from a course? Will it affect my Financial Aid?

After the drop/add period ends, the student must contact the instructor for each course or their advisor to withdraw from the course. Prior to withdrawing from the course(s), the student is strongly encouraged to communicate their decision for withdrawal with their program advisor. It is also recommended that the student consult with his or her Financial Aid advisor to determine what financial consequences may apply prior to withdrawing from the course. No student who has attended or participated in class during the last week of the semester may be withdrawn.

How do I view my account balance?

Student Services & Financial Aid > Student Records > Account Summary.

How do I pay online?

Student Services & Financial Aid > Student Records > Pay by Check or Credit Card > Click correct semester.

How do I view my class schedule?

  1. Student Services & Financial Aid > Registration > Student Detail Schedule
  2. Click correct semester
  3. Click Submit

How do I view my final grades?

Student Services & Financial Aid > Student Records > View Final Grades.

How do I view an unofficial transcript or transfer credit awarded?

  • Student Services & Financial Aid > Student Records> Unofficial Transcript > Select All Levels and Student Transcript Unofficial from dropdown menu > click Submit.
  • Scroll to bottom of transcript to see transfer credit awarded

How do I request an official transcript?

Student Services & Financial Aid > Student Records > Order Official Transcript