Dual Enrollment

Admissions > Dual Enrollment

Dual Enrollment for High School Students

Dual Enrollment introduces students to college-level coursework and allows for potential career exploration. Students must be enrolled in a participating Georgia high school or approved home-study program.

11th and 12th graders are eligible to take any approved course. New 10th graders may take career courses listed on the Course Directory or have required SAT or ACT scores to take core courses. Eligible 9th graders may participate. However, there is no state funding available for 9th grade students.

Admissions Office

Dual Enrollment

If you have additional questions please visit the FAQ’s or contact your coordinator: 

Counties: Fannin, Towns, & Union (GA Cyber Academy, GA Connections Academy, Gilmer & other non-service area schools)

Zach Rhoades

(706) 754-7793


Counties: Franklin, Habersham, & Stephens

Jessica Huff

(706) 754-7867


Counties: Rabun & White (Banks, Hall, & Lumpkin)

Katie Johnson

(706) 754-7895

Dual Enrollment & Other Opportunities

Dual Enrollment

Students receive college and high school credit for either academic core or technical classes. Full-time and part-time schedules are allowed. Students may take classes during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters. 

Accelerated Career Diploma

Eligible high school students who complete 10th grade with the required courses (two English, Math, Science, Social Studies; one Health and PE and required tests) may enroll full-time at NGTC while completing an Associate Degree, Technical Diploma or two Technical Certificate programs in a career pathway. Once the program is complete, students may graduate with a high school diploma and a college credential.

Joint Enrollment

Students receive college credit only for technical OR academic courses taken at NGTC. Classes are NOT used for high school credit.

The Application Process


Provide Current High School Transcript

Submit official, sealed high school transcripts or official GED scores. Please note that opened transcripts are not considered official and therefore are invalid.

More About Transcripts

Submit ACCUPLACER Test Scores

North Georgia Technical College uses ACCUPLACER placement tests to identify academic skills and needs. These tests include sections on reading comprehension, writing skills, and basic math. Algebra is required for some programs. ACCUPLACER placement tests are taken on a computer; they are un-timed and testers may use the calculator that is provided on the ACCUPLACER exam.

Learn More About ACCUPLACER

Apply for Financial Aid

  1. Go to www.gafutures.org
  2. Select the HOPE & State Aid Programs tab near the top of the page
  3. Select State Scholarship and Grants
  4. Select Dual Enrollment when the box appears
  5. Select Application Procedure and Deadline on the left side of the page
  6. Complete the Dual Enrollment application
    The Dual Enrollment Funding online application (Required for all high school students)
Apply for Financial Aid

When to apply?

Where to submit necessary documents?

Submit the required items to the Admissions Office at the campus where you wish to attend classes:

Clarkesville or Currahee Campus
Attn: Admissions Office
P.O. Box 65
Clarkesville, GA 30523
Phone: (706) 754-7700
Fax: (706) 754-7777

Blairsville Campus
Attn: Admissions Office
121 Meeks Avenue
Blairsville, GA 30512
Phone: (706) 439-6300
Fax: (706) 439-6301

Email: admissions@northgatech.edu

Transcript Information

High School Transcripts

You must submit sealed high school transcripts or official GED scores from all high schools you have attended. Please note that opened transcripts are not considered official and therefore are invalid.

If you have attended secondary or post-secondary schools outside the United States, you must have those transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved outside organization. The Technical College System of Georgia recommends transcripts evaluated by

Home School Students

Submit a Declaration of Intent to Utilize a Home Study Program: This letter verifies your home school attendance paperwork is up-to-date.

I'm finished! What's next?

Once you have completed these steps and submitted all required documents, you will receive an acceptance letter in the mail. You can check the progress of your application on BannerWeb.

Check Progress
Updated: April 2, 2024 - CARES, CRRSAA, ARP & SSARPView the CARES Act, CRRSA & ARP Information and Covid-19 Guidance