Where Do I Start?

The Office of the Registrar is the official record keeper of NGTC, including the maintenance of student records and transcripts, oversight of registration, and final checkpoint for graduation.

Office of the Registrar

If you have additional questions, please contact:

More information about Advisement. Registration, and Banner FAQs:


Transfer Credit Information

Once transfer credit has been awarded it may be viewed on your Unofficial Transcript in BannerWeb.

  1. Log in to BannerWeb
  2. Student Services & Financial Aid → Student Records → Unofficial Transcript →Select All Levels and Student Transcript Unofficial from the dropdown menu; click Submit.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the transcript to see transfer credit awarded.


  • Official transcripts are required from all postsecondary institutions verifying a minimum grade of “C” in all courses for which the student is seeking transfer credit to his/her program of study.
  • Programs with competitive admissions may require a specific grade in defined courses.
  • Credit is awarded only in areas offered within the current curriculum of North Georgia Technical College.
  • A course accepted for credit has essentially the same content and is taught at a comparable or higher level as the course at North Georgia Technical College.
  • Transfer credit is not awarded for learning support courses.
  • All transferred courses must have the equivalent or higher number of credit hours.
  • All transferred courses will be transferred in at the highest level regardless of the level of the student’s chosen course of study.
  • There are time limits on validity of some coursework. (See below.)
  • The Registrar is responsible for final transfer credit approval.
  • The Office of the Registrar will normally award transfer credit for coursework taken at regionally accredited institutions, provided the above conditions are met and the student’s previous institution is in good standing with its accrediting body.

Transfer Credit From Non-Regionally Accredited Institutions

For coursework meeting the above conditions but taken at non-regionally accredited institutions, the student should complete the Transfer Credit Request form on the North Georgia Technical College website or in the Registrar’s Office.

  1. Download the Transfer Credit Request from Non-Regionally Accredited Institution Form
  2. Submit the completed form to the Registrar’s Office by:
    • Email:
    • Fax: (706) 754-7777
    • Mail: NGTC Registrar’s Office, PO Box 65, Clarkesville, GA 30523
    • In Person: Deliver to the front desk of any NGTC campus


  • The Office of the Registrar and the Academic Affairs division determine on a case-by-case basis the transferability of courses based on the course curriculum standards and the qualifications of the faculty members who taught those courses. In cases where course equivalency is questioned, credit must be validated by examination.
  • If a course cannot be evaluated on course prefix and title, students have the right to submit to the North Georgia Technical College Registrar course descriptions from the transferring institution’s college catalog from the year the course was taken.
  • A student who presents credit for evaluation and transfer must be aware that the awarding of credit by North Georgia Technical College does not guarantee that institutions subsequently attended by the student will also accept those credits.
  • The applicant may be awarded credit for courses previously earned within the institution as applicable.
  • North Georgia Technical College reserves the right to rescind previously awarded transfer and exemption credit as warranted.

Time Limits on the Transferability of Courses are as Follows:

  • 4 years – all ACCT, ALHS, CIST CLBT, COMP, NAST, EMPS, HECT, MAST, PNSG, and PHAR courses.
  • 7 years – all BUSN courses. 
  • 10 years – BIOL courses and all occupational courses not listed above. However, if course content and competencies have changed significantly within the 10-year period, faculty may request that students validate skills or repeat a course.
  • No expiration – all general education/basic skills courses (ARTS, CHEM, ECON, EMPL, ENGL, HIST, MATH, MUSC, PHYS, PSYC, SOCI, SPCH); and courses used to satisfy elective credit requirements.

How To...

Check Final Grades

The process for checking your final grades is fairly simple. All you do is:

  1. Log Into BannerWeb
  2. Select: Student Services & Financial Aid → Student Records → View Final Grades
Add or Drop A Class

Contact your advisor for your mandatory new Registration Access Code each term.

  1. Log Into BannerWeb.
  2. Select Student Services -> Registration ->Add/Drop Classes.
  3. Choose the correct term from the dropdown box and click Submit.
  4. Enter your Registration Access Code and click Submit.
  5. Enter the CRN (course registration number0 for each class you would like to add.
  6. If you do not know the CRN, click Class Search at the bottom of the screen.
  7. Check the box to the left of the correct CRN and click Register.
  8. When registering for a course that has a lecture and lab component (for example BIOL 2113 and BIOL 2113L), enter both CRNs in the “Add Classes Worksheet” and then click Submit.
  9. If you need to drop a class, return to Add/Drop Classes. From the dropdown Action menu, choose Drop-Banner Web and click Submit Changes.
  10. When your schedule is correct, click Exit at the top right of the screen.

Degree Works

Degree Works for Students

Degree Works is a computerized degree audit program and academic advising tool designed to help you and advisors review progress of program requirements, prepare for registration, and plan for graduation.

Getting Started

  1. Log in to BannerWeb –

  2. Click on Student Services

  3. Click on Degree Works link

More information on using Degree Works can be found in the Student Manual.

If you have problems running your audit or receive an error, please send details of your error to Degree Works Help at from your student email.

Degree Works FAQs

Degree Works is a computerized degree audit program and academic advising tool designed to help you and advisors review the progress of program requirements, prepare for registration, and plan for graduation.

A Degree Works audit is an easy-to-read view of your requirements for your program of study. The audit is essentially a checklist of program requirements. Completed and in-progress courses are used to fill spots with the audit worksheet showing which requirements have been completed, which are in progress, and what course/requirements remain.

Advisors and all currently enrolled students can use Degree Works.

A degree audit can be reviewed at any time but it is recommended to do so at least four times a semester:

  • Before you meet with your advisor to register for classes for the next semester.

  • After registration to ensure courses apply to program requirements.

  • After grades for each semester are posted.

  • Any time changes are made to your record.

Degree Works will help:

  • Determine what requirements need to be completed for your program.
  • Learn the prerequisites and corequisites for courses by clicking on the course number.
  • Review which courses you have taken or transferred, and which ones count as electives.
  • View transfer credits and exemptions.
  • Estimate how many semesters it will take you to graduate.
  • See how your coursework could be applied toward another program major using the “What If” option

Degree Works can be accessed by going to your BannerWeb account and will be located under Student Records.

No, Degree Works is a snapshot of courses in progress, planned, and in your academic history. Registration and drop/add are still handled through BannerWeb.

Yes, once grades have been recorded at the end of the semester, they are viewable in Degree Works.


The information in Degree Works is refreshed each night. Any changes made today (e.g., grade change, program change, or schedule changes) will be seen in Degree Works the next day.

You should consult your academic advisor for a review of your audit.

The course did not meet either the minimum number of credits and or minimum grade requirement for your program of study, or all the requirements have been met and this course is simply not needed.


No, Degree Works is an unofficial audit of coursework, as well as an outline of program requirements.

Not necessarily. If you have applied to graduate, the Registrar’s Office will perform a final audit after all final grades have been submitted to determine if you are eligible to graduate. Missing requirements will be communicated to you via email.

Graduation application status is listed under “Graduation Status” on your audit. If the Status is “Sought” for any major you have completed one term in but not completed the program requirements.  Once you submit a graduation application the Registrar’s Office changes the status to “Pending” when you have passed the initial graduation audit. “Awarded” means you have graduated from a program. Date Received contains the graduation date for “Pending” or “Awarded” programs.

The “What If” audit function allows you to hypothetically change your major. The “What If” audit will show you what coursework is required for the new major, what courses you have taken that satisfy requirements, and what courses are still left for you to take. Please note, “What If” audits are unofficial and do not guarantee that you will be able to major in a selected major.  If you decide to change your major, you should visit the advisor for your intended major and then submit a Change of Program form to Admissions.

Since a “What If” audit is not stored in Degree Works, your advisor can only see your results if the two of you work through a “What If” procedure together.

The “What If” tool requires that you make a selection in the “Major” field. Failure to select a major will result in an error.

Degree Works “Plans” provides access to the grad plan – an individualized lay out of the recommended sequence of coursework to fulfill program requirements. Grad plans are created with your academic advisor during advisement. Please note, “Plans” are unofficial roadmaps and are not binding. However, they are a useful tool for course sequencing to assist you in graduating as soon as possible.


Your academic advisor is your primary contact for questions concerning your program of study, course selections, change of major, academic achievement and degree requirements.

Important Note:

DegreeWorks is designed to aid and facilitate academic advising but is not intended to replace face-to-face advising sessions. It is neither an official academic transcript nor an official notification of degree requirements and should not be treated as such.

Updated: April 2, 2024 - CARES, CRRSAA, ARP & SSARPView the CARES Act, CRRSA & ARP Information and Covid-19 Guidance