Scholarships, administered through a partnership between North Georgia Technical College and the NGTC Foundation, are awarded throughout the academic year. Applications are available online and in the Institutional Advancement Office. Applications must be submitted to the Advancement Office by the published deadline each semester. Students will be required to meet eligibility requirements and selection criteria as established by each individual scholarship. The Foundation Scholarship Committee will determine eligibility and will award scholarships based on the availability of funds. Completion of the application does not guarantee a scholarship award. Foundation scholarships are funded by gifts made to the NGTC Foundation from individual donors and private businesses. For this reason, funds may not always be available for scholarships from the Foundation.
Scholarships Available Each Semester
Open to any NGTC student with a demonstrated financial need.
- Conny Shirley Memorial Scholarship
- General Foundation Scholarship
- George Elrod Scholarship
- Lake and Effie Copeland Scholarship
- Lenora M. Sarling Perpetual Scholarship
- Lenos and Sue Nichols Scholarship
- NGTC Faculty & Staff Scholarship
- WoodmenLife Scholarship
Awarded to students who meet certain requirements as stated in the scholarship description.
- 1st Franklin Financial - student enrolled in a business program
- 2nd Chance Scholarship - designated for those who are currently or were formerly under sentence; are in good standing with the Georgia Department of Community Supervision, meet Adult Basic Education (GED®) or NGTC admission requirements, and have a demonstrated financial need
- A&M Perpetual Scholarship - dorm resident student
- Bosal Welding Scholarship - student enrolled in NGTC's Welding Program
- Catherine Kelly McGuire Registered Nursing Endowed Scholarship - student enrolled in NGTC's Associate of Science in Nursing Program
- Chris McCurry Welding Scholarship - Banks County residents enrolled in NGTC's Welding Program receive priority
- Dan Dixon Technical Trade Scholarship - student enrolled in a technical trade program having a demonstrated financial need and/or a 3.0 GPA
- Down to Earth Garden Club Horticulture Scholarship - resident of Stephens County enrolled in NGTC's Horticulture Program
- Fieldale Farms Corporation Scholarship - student enrolled in one of the following programs: Environmental Technology, Applied Technology Management, Applied Business Technology, Electrical Systems Technology, Accounting, Industrial Systems Technology, Engineering Technology, and Networking Specialist
- Fulbright IST Scholarship - student enrolled in NGTC's IST Program - must have completed 2 semesters and have a GPA of 3.5 or above
- J.C. and Belva Harris Memorial Scholarship - resident of Franklin County
- John Dillon Engineering Scholarship - students enrolled in the Engineering Program
- Lake Rabun Association Scholarship - resident of Rabun County
- Phillips Criminal Justice Scholarship - students enrolled in NGTC's Criminal Justice Program
- Photography Scholarship - students enrolled in NGTC's Photography Program
- Savage Innovator's Award - first year student in good academic standing with a 2.5 or greater GPA
- Sawnee EMC Scholarship - students enrolled in NGTC's Electrical Lineworker Program
- Seabees Scholarship - students who are residents of Towns, Union or Fannin County Georgia or Clay or Cherokee North Carolina and are enrolled in one of NGTC's Construction Trades Programs; preference given to veterans or a veteran's family member
- Sharp Memorial United Methodist Church Scholarship - resident of Towns County
- Soque Garden Club Scholarship - students enrolled in NGTC's Horticulture Program
- Stovall Machine Products Scholarship - students enrolled in NGTC's CNC/Machine Tool Program
- Telford Family Foundation Scholarship - resident of Franklin, Hart, or Stephens County attending classes on the Currahee Campus
- Veterans Endowed Scholarship - honorably discharged US veterans with a demonstrated financial need
- William C. Clary, Jr., Perpetual Scholarship - resident of Stephens County
Annual Scholarships for Currently Enrolled Students
Open to students enrolled at NGTC meeting the required criteria and having a demonstrated financial need.
- Marilyn McNeely Scholarship - awarded annually at the beginning of Spring Semester; open to students enrolled in a diploma or degree program who have a demonstrated financial need
- Kyle Glenn Holcombe Memorial Scholarship - awarded at the beginning of Fall Semester, this financial need based scholarship is open to any student accepted for admission to NGTC's Electrical Lineworker Program
- Martha Clarke Campbell Memorial Nursing Scholarship - awarded each Spring Semester, this scholarship gives preference to Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA's) who continue their education at NGTC. Any student who has been admitted into one of the Allied Health fields may also be considered
Scholarships for High School Seniors
- President's Scholarship - awarded each year in the spring to one graduate at each high school and Mountain Education Center in NGTC's eight county service area. Applications are available from counselors at the high schools and Mountain Ed Centers.
Applicants should read all instructions carefully before completing the application. Applications submitted without all required information and/or attachments are considered incomplete and will not be considered for scholarship award. Applications may be printed from the links below.
Applications should be submitted to the Institutional Advancement Office by the published deadline; late applications will not be considered. The Advancement Office is located in the Mobley Administration Building on the Clarkesville Campus. Applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:NGTC Foundation
P.O. Box 65
Clarkesville, GA 30523
The deadline to submit scholarship applications for assistance with tuition and fees for 2018 Summer Semester has passed. We are now accepting applications for the 2018 Fall Semester - the deadline to submit an application for Fall is July 20.
Summer Semester Lending Library applications will be accepted beginning on the first day of Summer Semester classes. To ensure that the correct materials are provided, students are required to attend classes prior to applying for assistance with books. A schedule bill from the cashier’s office and a list of books needed must be attached to the application form.
Questions? Contact Cynthia Brown at email@example.com or 706-754-7714.