Career Planning Services
NGTC offers Career Planning Services for individuals in doubt about the best path to follow for their chosen career or who may need assistance deciding what programs fits their career goals. If you are in need of these services, you can arrange to meet with a Career Planner by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Placement & Development Director
North Georgia Technical College
P.O. Box 65
Clarkesville, Georgia 30523
(706) 754-7777 Fax
Career Services staff assist students in:
- Exploring a full range of career and work possibilities that match their career goals
- Preparing job-search methods and tools to present themselves effectively as candidates for employment
- Obtaining information on employment opportunities and prospective employers
- Connecting with employers through campus interviews, job listings, referrals, networking, publications, and information technology
- Anticipating career management issues relevant to the individual, e.g., dual careers, gender, sexual preference, disabilities, etc.
- Career services staff develop and maintain relationships with employers that provide career development and employment opportunities for students.
If you are a student wishing to register with Career Services, download and complete the Career Services Registration Form, and submit it to the Career Services Office:
Additional Employment Resources
If you are a prospective employer seeking highly qualified help, click below to download a job posting information form. Information from this form will be entered into our job posing template on the Career Services webpage and hard copies will be sent to the appropriate departments.
Career Development Services
The ultimate objective of occupational training is to put people to work. It is not enough to teach a person a gainful skill; North Georgia Technical College also offers assistance to that person in finding suitable employment. Thus, supplementary to the training program at North Georgia Tech, there is a job placement and follow-up program. The Director of Career Services coordinates this function. While every effort is made to make students employable and to aid students in securing employment for which they were trained, the ultimate responsibility for finding a job rests with the student.
Career Services at North Georgia Tech include job referrals, job-seeking skills, and follow-up activities that aim at improving the quality of education at NGTC. Some of the objectives are:
- To identify student’s needs, interests, and job proficiencies
- To provide materials for career guidance
- To assist students in making meaningful employment choices
- To assist students in selecting additional preparation and/or education
- To work with school staff in ensuring that students receive Interpersonal Relations and Professional Development training
- To gain awareness of the job market and locate potential employers
- To offer workshops and one-on-one sessions to perfect resumes, interviewing skills and proper completion of employment applications
- …and much much more!