Registration is a process. It is a little bit science and a little bit art. The science of the process is identifying and understanding the academic requirements for you to graduate from your chosen field of study. The art is combining academic requirements with class availability and the parameters of your life (things like your work schedule or childcare and transportation issues).
September 15, 2015 – MMA Midterm
October 12, 2015 – Full Semester Midterm/MMA Ends
October 12, 2015 – MMA Final Exams
October 13, 2015 – MMB Begins
October 14-21, 2015 – Academic Advisement for Returning Students
October 19, 2015 - MMB Drop Ends
October 22, 2015 – BannerWeb Registration Opens for Returning Students
October 29, 2015 – Academic Advisement for New Students
November 3, 2015 – MMB Midterm
November 19, 2015 – Application Major Change Deadline for Spring Semester 2016
December 7, 2015 – Full Semester/MMB Ends
December 8-9, 2015 – Fall Semester Final Exams for Fall Semester
December 14, 2015 – Academic Advisement for New Students
Establish Your BannerWeb Account
Registration for classes at NGTC is accomplished through a web-based program called BannerWeb.
Please refer to our BannerWeb FAQ if you need assistance with setting up your BannerWeb Account.
Review the Academic Requirements
- Refer to the College Catalog to review the academic requirements for your program of study.
- Prepare a tentative curriculum plan in advance to discuss with your advisor.
Meet with your Advisor
NOTE: Advisement is designed to help you establish an appropriate curriculum plan to meet your academic and career goals. However, you are personally responsible for fulfilling all graduation and other academic requirements.
Who Is My Advisor?
Your Advisor’s name and contact information is also included in your Admissions Decision Letter.
You can also look up your Advisor’s name Via BannerWeb:
- Goto BannerWeb
- Select: Student Records > View Student Information > Select current semester > Primary Advisor
NGTC offers two dedicated Advisement Days each semester for students who have been officially accepted. If the scheduled Advisement Day is not convenient for you, please email or call your advisor to set up an appointment.
Your advisor will be your guide and partner in making your time at NGTC successful. NGTC’s advisors are also active faculty members, which is what makes them so knowledgeable about your program. Follow these steps when meeting with your advisor:
- Bring your Admissions Decision Letter to any NGTC campus to get started!
- Bring your orientation Proof of Completion
- Meet with your Advisor
- Get Your Registration Access Code
Return to BannerWeb and Complete Registration
Important: You will need a Registration Access Code from your Advisor to register.
- Login to your BannerWeb Account
- Select Student Services > Registration > Add/Drop Classes
- Choose the correct semester from the dropdown box> Submit
- Enter your Registration Access Code > Submit
- Enter the Course Registration Number (CRN) for each class you would like to add.
- If you do not know the CRN, click Class Search at the bottom of the screen.
- Check the box to the left of the correct CRN > Register.
- To Register for a course that has a lecture and a lab (for example, BIOL 2113 and BIOL 2113L)
- Enter both CRNs in the Add Classes Worksheet > Submit