ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Treat staff, practitioners, visitors, and patients with dignity and respect.
- Interview patients to include medical history, measure vital signs, performs vision screening, etc. and record information in EHR.
- Share information gathered from patients with appropriate team members to assist in more comprehensive care of the patient.
- Assist practitioners in performing examinations as needed.
- Administer medications per practitioners orders.
- Administer injections or immunizations per practitioners orders.
- Sterilize medical equipment and maintain it in good working order.
- Collect specimens for laboratory and perform routine in-house laboratory work.
- Prepare specimens for outside laboratory studies.
- Perform simple wound care.
- Maintain adequate supplies in exam rooms and ensure exam rooms are clean.
- Follow clinic guidelines and protocols and participate in making new ones.
- Prepare and perform paperwork and clerical duties as necessary including answering phones, computer entry, etc.
- Perform routine diagnostic tests (EKG, etc.) and/or schedules patients for outside diagnostic studies and consultations.
- Participate in community health and disease prevention activities.
- Participate in the corporation's Quality Improvement Program.
- Participate in daily Team Huddles with staff members as required or requested.
- Participate in staff development programs and promote team cohesiveness.
- Manages personal and staff clinical inboxes.
- Participate in the daily huddle
- Ensure timely response to appointment messages and requests via the phone and portal
- Educate patients regarding PCMH and how the care team can help patients
- Participate as a member of a patient's care team - within Team Work
- Ensure patients receive a copy of his/her visit summary
- Ensure patients leave with an appointment and face no barriers regarding transportation
- Ensure patients have an identified primary care provider
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Graduation from an accredited program of medical assisting AND one year experience in the medical field or completion of an approved internship program OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply online at https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/medlinkga/jobs/2902406/GA-Georgia/Winder/CertifiedRegistered-Medical-Assistant